You are hereAF-CBT Training Program: Learning Community
AF-CBT Training Program: Learning Community
2 months before training
- Agency readiness calls to prepare program/leadership team/staff
- Review of trainee pre-training evaluation and agency metrics (online reports)
- Development of training materials (slides) and exercises tailored to agency/population
- Delivery of AF-CBT session guides (manual, handouts) and assesssment tools
LEARNING COMMUNITY: INTENSIVE SKILLS-TRAINING
- Basic training workshop/experiential seminar on the use of AF-CBT (3 days)
- Booster (advanced) training workshop, 6 months later (1/2 or full day; live or via web)
- Case consultation calls with trainer (12-18 calls in 6-12 months) with 2 case presentations/call (each trainees makes 2 presentations)
- Fidelity monitoring feedback based on trainer reviews of digital audio files uploaded by each trainee to our secure website (2 files submitted/trainee)
- Online access to the trainer for Q&A and to website for updated materials
- Supervisor-only calls to promote AF-CBT supervision and use (4-6 calls)
PERFORMANCE REVIEW (at end of training)
- Completion of post-training evaluation and agency metrics
- Review of staff eligibility for Clinician Certification program with trainer
- Program data summary of trainee and agency metrics evaluation (follow-up)
OPTIONAL SUPERVISOR/LEADERSHIP TRAINING (for supervisors & program manager only):
Year 2: Personalized Training/Consultation in AF-CBT Supervision Skills
- Advanced supervisor training: Brief discussions/seminars to promote ongoing supervisory competence in and program sustainability of AF-CBT
- Supervisor consultation calls: Individual phone calls, as needed
- “Ask the Trainer” electronic message board and e-mail contact: Access to AF-CBT treatment team via the website and to the trainer via e-mail.
Our training programs have been designed to help professionals accomplish their specific clinical and therapeutic goals:
- To learn and practice basic AF-CBT content, with an emphasis on mastering the skills involved in all 3 phases of treatment (Engagement, Skill Building, Family Applications) for use with a broad array of children, caregivers, and families.
- To competently apply and deliver treatment using AF-CBT, including the administration of focused clinical content and skills training processes. To incorporate expert feedback about performance as a supplement to ongoing supervision.
- (Optional, Additional Training) To help interested practitioners learn how to teach AF-CBT to other professionals.