You are hereAF-CBT Training Program: Learning Community
AF-CBT Training Program: Learning Community
PREPARATION AND Pre-Work Phase:
2-4 Months Prior to Training: Site and Staff Readiness Activities
- Agency orientations, discussions regarding site preparation, staff readiness and program logistics
- Completion of all pre-training documents
- Staff review of all AF-CBT materials (session guide, handouts, and background articles)
CLINICAL Training Program for Practitioners & Supervisors:
Year 1: Learning Community in AF-CBT to Promote Practitioner Skill Acquisition and Application
- Basic training - Learning session #1: Didactic workshop with experiential learning training program
- Case consultation: At least monthly calls/videoconference with trainer; includes follow-up notes/minutes.
- Integrity monitoring: Review of session audiotapes from trainees to document treatment fidelity with feedback
- Advanced training - Learning session #2: 1-day workshop/experiential program (6 months after session #1)
- Supervisor consultation calls: At least quarterly calls to promote supervision and implementation of AF-CBT
- "Ask the Trainer" ongoing discussion forum available online to discuss all aspects of treatment.
OPTIONAL SUPERVISOR/LEADERSHIP TRAINING (for supervisors & program manager only):
Year 2: Personalized Training/Consultation in AF-CBT Supervision Skills
- Advanced supervisor training: Brief discussions/seminars to promote ongoing supervisory competence in and program sustainability of AF-CBT
- Supervisor consultation calls: Individual phone calls, as needed
- “Ask the Trainer” electronic message board and e-mail contact: Access to AF-CBT treatment team via the website and to the trainer via e-mail.