You are hereAF-CBT Training Program: Learning Community
AF-CBT Training Program: Learning Community
Training Model as of June 18, 2015
6-12 months before training
- Agency representative completes an AF-CBT training request.
- AF-CBT trainer contacts Agency to discuss contents of training request, structure of requested training.
- Agreement is drafted to formalize requested training (e.g., training dates, number of participants, consultation structure).
2 months before training
- Agency readiness calls to prepare program, leadership team, staff, and stakeholders.
- Trainees complete pre-training assessment, watch orientation videos and complete quizzes.
- Review of trainee pre-training evaluation and agency metrics (online reports).
- Development of training materials (slides) and exercises tailored to agency/population.
- Delivery of AF-CBT session guides (manual, handouts) and assessment tools.
LEARNING COMMUNITY: INTENSIVE SKILLS-TRAINING
- Basic Training workshop/experiential seminar on the use of AF-CBT (3 days)
- Advanced Training workshop, 6 months later (1/2 or full day; live or via web)
- Case consultation calls with trainer (12-18 calls in 6-12 months) with 2 case presentations by each trainee
- Fidelity monitoring feedback based on trainer reviews of digital audio files uploaded by each trainee to our secure website (2 files submitted/trainee).
- Online access to the trainer for Q&A and to website for updated materials, staff support for online infrastructure and conference call system
- Supervisor-only calls to promote AF-CBT supervision and use (4-6 calls)
PERFORMANCE REVIEW (at end of training)
- Completion of post-training evaluation and agency metrics.
- Review of staff eligibility for Clinician Certification program with trainer
- Program data summary of trainee and agency metrics evaluation (follow-up)
- Interested clinicians who meet initial eligibility criteria after training can apply to be considered for the voluntary AF-CBT Clinician Certification program. For information on requirements and costs, see the Certification page.
- All trainer travel costs are an additional expense (e.g., transportation, lodging, meals, etc.).
OPTIONAL SUPERVISOR/LEADERSHIP TRAINING (for supervisors & program manager only):
Year 2: Personalized Training/Consultation in AF-CBT Supervision Skills
- Advanced supervisor training: Brief discussions/seminars to promote ongoing supervisory competence in and program sustainability of AF-CBT
- Supervisor consultation calls: Individual phone calls, as needed
- “Ask the Trainer” electronic message board and e-mail contact: Access to AF-CBT treatment team via the website and to the trainer via e-mail.
Our training programs have been designed to help professionals accomplish their specific clinical and therapeutic goals:
- To learn and practice basic AF-CBT content, with an emphasis on mastering the skills involved in all 3 phases of treatment (Engagement, Skill Building, Family Applications) for use with a broad array of children, caregivers, and families.
- To competently apply and deliver treatment using AF-CBT, including the administration of focused clinical content and skills training processes. To incorporate expert feedback about performance as a supplement to ongoing supervision.
- (Optional, Additional Training) To help interested practitioners learn how to teach AF-CBT to other professionals.
- To develop skills within a trauma-informed framework to meet the needs of children and families in the child welfare, mental health, and juvenile justice systems.