You are hereWhat is Expected of Practitioners?
What is Expected of Practitioners?
General Criteria for AF-CBT Training Completion
Mental health professionals who complete the AF-CBT training may be eligible to begin the certification process in AF-CBT if they meet the criteria listed below:
- Complete pre-training and post-training surveys provided by the trainer. The pre-training questionnaire must be completed before the beginning of the first day of the basic training session.
- Participate in all scheduled launch or preparation/readiness activities
- Attend all scheduled training days of the basic training program
- Deliver treatment including content from all 3 phases of the AF-CBT model to at least 2 families.
- Participate in all consultation calls to receive feedback from consultants to supplement supervision and enhance ability to adapt materials. Trainees participating in less than 75% of consultation calls are not eligible for training completion.
- Present on 2 different cases during consultation period
- Submit 2 audio-recorded samples of treatment using AF-CBT to obtain initial clinical and implementation feedback during a consultation call.
About the Security of Submitted Audio
This applies only to trainings provided by Drs. Baumann and Kolko. We recommend that all trainees discuss the security of their audio upload systems with their trainers and IT staff.
Our upload website is designed by the University of Pittsburgh’s Office of Academic Computing (OAC) to encrypt all traffic. Trainees are able to connect to the website and enter account (email address) and password information. After log in, there is a control that they can select to find an audio file to upload to our server which will allow them to simply click and upload.
OAC secure servers are encrypted and under a security agreement with UPMC so that confidential, HIPAA protected documents and audio files can be uploaded securely. This UPMC server is accessible via UPMC staff permissions. OAC documents all file names that are uploaded and sends alerts to AF-CBT staff via email when a file has been uploaded. All email alerts include the account (email address) doing the transfer as well as the name of the file that was transferred. OAC also sends the trainee an email to the account (email address) to confirm that the file was successfully transferred.
The secure website is a “one way transfer” site only, with no reverse downloading capability.